Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU)
TTA’s collaboration with YCMOU for its 3-year B.Sc. degree in Fashion Designing is looked at as a promising venture, offering even better quality education, and training.
- YCMOU was established by an Act (XX of 1989) of the Maharashtra State Legislature on July 1, 1989. It is recognized under section 12 (B) of the UGC Act 1956.
- YCMOU is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), and it is the fifth Open University in India.
- YCMOU’s degrees and certificates are considered at par with the ones of similar level (UG, PG, diploma, etc.) subject areas by the other regular or conventional universities.
- The Government of Maharashtra accepts qualifications earned at YCMOU, under the recruitment and promotion rules.
The Objectives of YCMOU
- To help the larger sections of the society access vocational and technical education.
- To focus on the educational needs of the unprivileged groups of society.
- To focus on educating adults, and their skill development to help them adjust and thrive in the quickly changing environment.
- To work towards the development of individuals, institutions, and state through various courses.
- To facilitate post-graduate studies, along with several research opportunities in all the streams of educational technology, development communication, and distance education.
- To offer a flexible, innovative and an open system of education through the distance teaching methodology, and through the application of modern communication technologies to education.